Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 2

3 Ways to Change-Up Your Everyday Routine
Routines can be a good thing. They give a feeling of comfort and consistency and help you manage your life. But routines can become monotonous and stale.
For me with an 8:00-5:00 work week, sometimes it can feel a little like the film Groundhog Day, where you wake up and do the same thing over and over again.
If this is the case, it’s time to shake things up. Here are some ways I like to spice up my week.
1. Try a New Place
Whether it’s a restaurant you’ve heard about but haven’t been to or a bakery you pass by every day, make a point of stopping in. As simple as this may sound it can be a scary experience. You always know what to order and what to expect from your go-to places, but what if you don’t like what you get at this new one? You may not like what you get, but then again, you might love it! Sometimes it’s worth taking the risk.
2. Search for Inspiration
There are many times when inspiration just hits you, like a beautiful song or a majestic sunset. But then, there are other times when inspiration seems hard to come by. In those times of inspiration famine, you have to hunt for it.
When I’m feeling particularly starved for creativity, I like to flip through a book of poetry. I also like to search for good songs or quotes by my favorite writers online. Of course you can always peruse on Pintrest too!
3. Dress-Up Your Dinner
Pour a glass of wine, put on some Sinatra, sing along and cook some Italian. If that's not your style, put on whatever you enjoy and helps you unwind. This may not be the kind of cooking style you can do every night, but why not create your own fancy dinner and have some fun doing it.  And, why save it for the weekend? Why not do it in the middle of the week?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alyssa! I just found your blog through the 31 days page. I can really relate to what you've been writing about. My husband and I moved to a new city in June, and I'm just now starting to feel settled. It can be tiring adjusting to new jobs and traffic, etc., but I've been wanting to get out in the evenings during the week more often and enjoy our new surroundings. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kara! Thanks so much for your comment and checking out my blog. With the hectic move and such my blogging kind of fell by the wayside for a while. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I'm glad you enjoyed the inspiration. It's great to hear that you are adjusting to your new surroundings. I hope I will too very soon.

      Delete